Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre is currently looking for experienced and enthusiastic Swimming Instructors who are Austswim qualified. In particular, we are in need of staff with Infant and Preschool experience.
The Swim School is one of the largest in Australia with over 4000 students ranging from babies through to the elite athletes. We offer an exciting working environment and are looking for someone who:
- Is reliable and can commit to 2 full terms of teaching.
- Ideally a minimum of 12 months experience teaching swimming to infants and toddlers from 6 months to 4 years.
- Loves the water and has lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Is passionate about the delivery of skills in water safety.
Opportunities exist for employees to work in other departments within the Sydney Olympic Park Venues. We also offer in-house paid training and the opportunity to do other courses.
Casual Rate $26.10 per hour + super + benefits
About the Role
This role is responsible for professionally conducting Aquatics Programs: Learn to Swim Lessons, Coaching Squads, Schools, Birthday Parties and Holiday Programs at Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre to ensure the provision of exceptionally high standard of programs for the benefit of all users of the Centre.
To be Successful in the Role
You will have the following knowledge, skills, experience:
- Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- Infants and Preschool Aquatics
- Austswim Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety
- Current CPR
- Working with Children Check (see below)
All qualifications must be maintained by the incumbent
- Level 1/Basic First Aid
- Teacher of Competitive Swimming /Competitive Strokes
- Teacher of Inclusive Aquatics/Learners with Disability
- All prerequisite qualifications must be maintained by the applicant on an ongoing basis.
- Various Shifts available Monday - Friday (pm) and Saturday and Sunday (am).
- Provide flexible working hours
- The position involves shift work as the Centre trades 7 days per week and only flexible applicants will be considered.
- The successful applicant will need to provide the Sydney Olympic Park Authority with a Working With Children Check Number, or make a Working With Children Check application, either on-line or via phone, through the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian. An Application fee of $80 applies.
- More information on the Working with Children Check is available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
- Applicants not holding current first aid certificates are encouraged to apply, however must obtain these prior to first shift.
- Australian citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply (supporting documentation required).
- Non-Australian citizens must hold and continue to hold the necessary visa and work permits appropriate to the employment.
How to Apply
Applicants should include the following:
- A covering letter of no more than one page outlining your suitability for the role.
- A resume detailing your qualifications, work history and role suitability
Sue Backhouse, Aquatics Swim School Coordinator
More Information Ph (02) 9714 7571