Casual Arena Attendant
Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre is seeking energetic, motivated and enthusiastic staff to fill a number of existing operational positions. Come and join a friendly and enthusiastic team to deliver Australia’s premier athletic events including the upcoming 2020 National Athletics Championships and Olympic Qualifiers. Great working conditions and remuneration on offer for suitable candidates. We value attitude more than just experience!
Casual Rate $27.47 per hour + super +benefits
Key Job Requirements
- Meet, greet and provide a high level of customer service to venue hirers, users, patrons and stakeholders.
- Complete operational set-up and bump out requirements
- Be responsible for the supervision of venue users.
- Complete cash handling and point of sale operation.
- Assist in maintaining security and venue integrity.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic team member.
- The positions involve shift work as the Centre operates 7 days per week.
To be Successful in the Role
You will have the following knowledge, skills, experience:
- Provide First Aid certificate HLTAID003
- Provide Advanced Resuscitation certificate HLTAID007
- Valid driver’s licence
Candidates without current first aid certificates are encouraged to apply, however if successful, all certificates must be obtained prior to commencement.
- Cash handling and manual handling experience
- Relevant sporting or venue industry experience
All prerequisite qualifications must be maintained by the applicant on an ongoing basis.
- Expected commencement for successful candidates mid February 2020
- The successful applicant will need to provide the Sydney Olympic Park Authority with a Working With Children Check Number, or make a Working With Children Check application, either on-line or via phone, through the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian. An Application fee of $80 applies.
- More information on the Working with Children Check is available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
- Australian citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply (supporting documentation required).
- Non-Australian citizens must hold and continue to hold the necessary visa and work permits appropriate to the employment.
- Previous applicants need not apply.
How to Apply
Applicants should include the following:
- A covering letter of no more than one page outlining your suitability for the role.
- A resume detailing your qualifications, work history and role suitability
Venue Supervisor – Hassan Koussan
Email applications to Hassan.firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call 02 9714 7582
Closing date for applications Sunday 19 January 2020.