Casual Pool Operations Supervisor
Join one of Sydney's and Australia's most versatile and trusted portfolio of Sports Venues as Pool Supervisor at the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre. We are seeking a committed and enthusiastic individual who is versatile and flexible.
Rate of Pay
$32.50 per hour + super + benefits.
About the Role
Responsible for the supervision and direction of pool lifeguards, and their teams, including the development and implementation of employee induction and training programmes; oversee the use of facilities and advise centre employees of any special requirements; maintain Work Health and Safety requirements for employees and safety of clients; and ensure that regular and proper maintenance of equipment and facilities is carried out to the highest standard.
To be Successful in the Role
You will have the following knowledge, skills, experience:
- Current Pool Lifeguard Qualification as recognised in NSW
- Current approved NSW First Aid Qualification
- Advanced Resuscitation Certificate
- Pool Operations Certificate or equivalent.
- Considerable experience in supervising staff working in an aquatic facility environment.
- Extensive experience in water treatment and plant operation, supervision of staff and maintenance of plant and buildings.
- The position involves face-to-face contact with children in a child-related sector. The incumbent will have a current Working With Children Check
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to employees and supervise them effectively.
- Ability to plan and organise the work of employees.
- Interpersonal relationships skills which support and foster customer service.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Effective organisation skills that will meet the needs of the Centre.
- All prerequisite qualifications must be maintained by the applicant on an ongoing basis.
- This is a casual position which requires shift work, out of hours and weekend work essential only flexible applicants will be considered.
- The successful applicant will need to provide the Sydney Olympic Park Authority with a Working With Children Check Number, or make a Working With Children Check application, either on-line or via phone, through the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian. An Application fee of $80 applies.
- More information on the Working with Children Check is available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
- Australian citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply (supporting documentation required).
How to Apply
Applicants should include the following:
- A covering letter of no more than one page outlining your suitability for the role.
- A resume detailing your qualifications, work history and role suitability
Assistant Operations Manager, Aquatic Centre - Justin Trabinger
Email applications to email@example.com
For more information Ph: (02) 9714 7544
Friday 14 March 2019