Major Capital Works
Exciting Training Pool & Leisure Pool Upgrade
The NSW Government is committed to creating better, safer and more public spaces announcing in November 2020 an extra $54 million over the next two years as part of the 2020-21 NSW Budget.
Funding in the budget allocated $16 million to Sydney Olympic Park Authority focusing on increasing participation in sport and cultural activities and improving visitor experiences at key facilities including upgrade of the Quaycentre, enhancement of Bicentennial Park and refurbishment of the Aquatic Centre.
Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre will undergo an exciting list of some major capital works, in particular
- Training Pool floor replacement
- Concrete integrity repairs to all pools
- Tile upgrades for the Leisure and Training Pool, including pool concourse areas
- Leisure side toilet refurbishments at Aquatic Centre
- Cladding repairs around the plant room
- Replacing major elements of the heating, ventilation and cooling systems
- Solar electricity system and panel installation on the roof of the Aquatic Centre
To ensure the safety of all of our patrons and staff during this time the leisure side of the Aquatic Centre will be closed. The closure period is 2 April 2021 - 21 October 2021 (these dates may be subject to change).
The Competition and Utility Pools will continue to host events and structured programs, including elite user groups in preparation for the 2021 Olympics.
We understand that this may affect you and we apologise for the inconvenience. This is much-needed works and most significant investment in the Aquatic Centre in over 20 years and will help ensure our pools and facilities are available for use long term into the future.
During these capital works there will be no general recreational admission and lap swimming to the Aquatic Centre. Regular updates will be provided at aquaticcentre.com.au